Thursday, May 29, 2008

Piece of cake!

Everything went exceptionally well yesterday. I tried hard the night before to get out of it though. I threw up three times! Mommy and daddy didn't buy it. So we got up very early and headed to University Hospital. After a brief wait, they took me to the back area where we waited for all the doctors to get there. I played in this giant crib and sat in daddy's lap. I got to wear that beautiful purple hospital gown again. While we were back there I was starving so I actually chewed on that green rubbery thing called a pacifier, which I normally don't like. I was a good boy and before I knew it the anesthesia team took me away to the operating room. They were so nice to me. The next thing I know it was over I woke up and I was being held by a nice nurse, but I was starving! I was screaming at the top of my lungs so mommy and daddy would find me. Finally they came back to the PACU (Post Anesthesia Care Unit) and held me. When my mommy could nurse me, it was finally all good. I was still pretty drowsy, but much happier. I stayed there for a little while and they checked my temperature, blood pressure and pulse ox over and over again. Next they moved me to another room for my final evaluations, and then they let me go. Then we went to our follow up with Mr. Wenske around 11:30 a.m. He is pleased with the way everything went and is ready to move forward with my next procedure. This will be more of a big deal. It will take about 2 hours for them to do the surgery. This will be when they transfer the fat from my hiney and attach it to the muscles in my eye. We'll be doing it in the next month or so, but I'll keep you informed. The surgery is called a dermis-fat graft. I was a bit groggy and had a slight fever for the rest of the day, but otherwise normal. I just needed to be held by mommy and daddy a little extra but that's it.
In the pictures abover you can see me giving the "okay" sign with my fingers. Also there is a picture of my old conformer. One is a top view and then the other is a side view. My new one looks very similar, but it's larger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable..always smiling like his mommy and daddy! I'll continue to pray that all goes smoothly.
Cha Cha