Monday, October 27, 2008

Scoliosis Update...



On Thursday we visited Dr. Stanley. He did an X-ray of my spine, as usual. There are two areas on my spine where I have scoliosis. One is in my neck area which seems to be fine. The other area (which you can see on the photo) is a bit lower. The angle of the curvature is about 34˚. It isn't any worse than the last time I saw Dr. Stanley, which is great. I am, though, for sure going to have to have surgery. It probably won't be until I am 2 years old or so, unless of course it worsens before then. My parents were hoping that I wouldn't have to have surgery at all, but it shouldn't be too bad. Dr. Stanley did surgery on two of mommy and daddy's friends many years ago (Katie and Rene Whitwell) and they loved him. That makes us all feel a little bit better. So for now we will continue to see him every 3 months to monitor everything.

1 comment:

Chelsea Lietz said...

Sorry you have to have the surgery Koup... but the good news is, you are super tough, and you won't even remember it when you grow up!