Monday, October 19, 2009

Kylar is more like me than we even know!






Kylar’s cardiologist visit went great today! He was the very first patient seen for the day and the nurses said he was a good boy. The first thing they did was an echocardiogram. Having this test done isn’t that fun, but it’s over quickly. My mama and dada were there to hold his hands and talk to him through it, which made it easier. Next the doctor listened to Kylar’s heart and verified that he does have a murmer, but it was a very “normal” murmur (who knew there was a “normal” murmur!?). Then more good news followed.... she said that his echocardiogram looked EXCELLENT! Dr. Porische was very thorough with Kylar and even looked at my medical chart to see what my heart defects were. Because I also had issues with my heart they decided to do an ultrasound, just to make sure Kylar was okay. They found a tiny little hole between the two upper chambers called an Arterior Septal Defect or ASD, which I have too!

The great news about this is that it’s so tiny we don’t even need to worry about it! Kylar will go back when he turns one to check on the ASD, but other than that he is all good! We are so thankful that he continues to be a healthy little brother.

Thanks be to God for. His indescribable gift! 2 Corinthians 9:15.

1 comment:

Chelsea Lietz said...

Wonderful news! Take care of your little brother, Koup.