Friday, October 14, 2011

Kouper's First Field Trip



Last week Kouper went on his first ever field trip. Riding a bus is nothing new for him, but riding a bus with his whole class is totally new!  The local county fair was the destination and it was a blast! Pamaw (my mom) was able to go with us and of course Kylar went along too. We got to see lots of unique animals that are not the normal farm animals that you usually see at the fair. We're talking ring-tail lemurs, a kangaroo, a zedonk (half zebra, half donkey) turkeys, a white Bengal tiger, a fawn and many more. The only animals that were really eager to eat were the baby goats,  they were so cute! Kouper and Kylar weren't all that keen on feeding the animals, but sure enjoyed seeing them. The kids were also able to sit on a antique tractor and took a tour of all the rides. Next they got to hold (read: torture) baby chicks. 

Kouper inadvertently nearly drowned a poor little chick. He said he was trying to help it get a drink or water, and I'm happy to report that after I snapped this photo I rescued the little guy. I'm so glad that it survived!  Those poor little chickies were dropped and squeezed and flipped all around. I sure hope that they get to retire to a nice range-free farm with lots of nice grass and no kiddos....(I know, I know, yeah right).


It was a little warmer than I would have liked, but we had a good time, and went for a Sonic slush when we left, to cool off!

No comments: