Monday, August 10, 2009

Leaving surgery behind me...at least for now!



We met with Dr. Fry today (my eye surgeon). She has been conferring with a cranial-facial surgeon on my case. They have decided that I've progressed so well thus far, that surgery is not yet needed. We've been talking about putting a little silicon implant in my eye to stretch it out towards the outside of my face... but the risk of my body rejecting the implant is too great. Things have gone so wonderful for me over the past 20 months and I've made immeasurable progress, so we don't want to risk any back slides. To get a better idea of the progress I have made, the doc feels that an MRI is needed. So on Aug. 28 I'll be back at Methodist Hospital for this procedure. I will be sedated, which means I have to fast for 8 hours prior. The good thing is that it's at 9 a.m. Overall I am doing so wonderful, and have truly been blessed.

1 Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

2 comments:

Maria Claudia said...

Good luck to you Koup! You're such a brave little boy! We love you :)
- The Redds

Jessica said...

You are so brave Kouper!! Were you running away from your Mom in that picture? You look so cute!