Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cardiologist visit






We got great news from Dr. Patel yesterday! He said that he was so impressed with my progress in such a short time. When I was first born the doctors heard a loud murmur in my heart. The cause of this was from a VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect). Basically what this means is this... there are four chambers in my heart and the bottom two chambers or ventricles had a little passage way connecting them. This passage isn't supposed to be there. Because of this the blood was shunting back and forth from one side to the other. Originally the passage was 3 mm, now it has already shrunk down to 2 mm. BUT Dr. P found a second VSD, it's only 1 mm. He said that we shouldn't be concerned at all because they were so small. So I probably won't have to have surgery, yippeee!!! He also gave us the green light to be put under anesthesia for my procedure coming up on Jan. 24. The PFO (patent foramen ovale) is still present too, but he's not too concerned about that either. This is basically the same thing as a VSD but it is in the two upper chambers. So bottom line, I'm doing great!!!! In order to find out about everything they had to do and EKG and then they did an ultrasound as you can see in my pictures up above. I was such a good boy, not to toot my horn but TOOT TOOT! So now we meet with the anesthesiologist on Thursday to go over everything and then I'll be getting my first conformer on the 24! I'm on the road to getting my eye!! YAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my that brings back memories. I'm so glad to see all is progressing so well! He is such a cutie pie.
Love ya,
Cha Cha

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are getting so much good news. His photos are adorable! Thanks for keeping everyone updated with layman's terms. God bless!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! We will be praying for you guys on the 24th for sure. Those new pics are sooo cute. He is filling out those cheeks.

Love ya.
Monica