Sunday, January 20, 2008

Set to go...

We met with the anesthesiologist at University Hospital on Thursday. He said that we should be all good to go for my procedure scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 24. He went over everything that is to happen and said that the whole procedure should take about 3 hours. He said that most likely the doctors will start an IV first just in case they need to get medicine to me quickly. I am NOT looking forward to that. Mommy asked if they could spray some medicine on my skin that would help make it numb... cross your fingers! Then next they will put a mask over my face that pumps out a medicine which will make me go to sleep. After that they will put a tube down my throat to help me breathe. After I am asleep Dr. Fry and Mr. Wenske will examine me and then hopefully if all goes well put in my first conformer. Mommy and daddy are very nervous about having me put under anesthesia, but I know it's going to be just fine. But if you could say and extra prayer or two for me, I think it might help them. I think that the hardest part will be me not being able to drink my mommy's milk two hours before the procedure. The doctor said that I could have pedialyte, I hope it tastes good! As it stands now, my surgery is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. so we should be all done around noon.

No comments: