Saturday, January 12, 2008

From Tanzania, Afica...



From my papaw and pamaw (Walt & Bev Seidenschwarz)...
[Today we are back in Moshi, the major town nearest us, about an hour's drive away. Our principal had to come in today for various things, so he asked us to ride along. We went to the bank and ATM for some money are are now at the Uhuru Lutheran Guest House for a couple of hours, where we spent our first night Tuesday after arriving at the airport. We also left from here back in 1993 when we climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro. We have had some very interesting experiences at the school, both positive and negative, but we are adjusting. Power went off the first evening so had to more or less unpack by candlelight. Then the water didn't work so had to carry water to the sink, commode, etc. by bucket for the first couple of days. Things are beginning to either improve or maybe we are just willing to accept it and go on with things! We will meet our students for the first time on Monday. It looks as if we are going to have a much easier teaching load here than we did in Indonesia. No classes on Friday! And to repeat about the time, we are 9 hours ahead of you, not 8 as originally thought. (That's for central time.) We don't have any idea when we will get back here to check e-mails. We are told there is a site about 10 or 12 kilometers from the school but haven't checked it out. The roads to the school are really something to behold--about shake your teeth out! I don't see how they can be passable when the rainy season starts in a month or so. Love, Dad and Mom]

I am so glad that they made it to Africa safely. I sure do miss them holding me! When I was at their house I got so spoiled. They fought over who got to hold me first, it was great! I sure hope that these five months go by fast so I can see them again! I love you papaw & pamaw.

No comments: