Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My left eye

The condition of my left eye is called unilateral microphthalmia. Basically that means that I have one eye that is small and underdeveloped. We don't know why I was born this way, but we do know that it makes me super duper special. This condition is so rare that most doctors that we've seen ask my mommy and daddy about it and they know virtually nothing. Sometimes when people have this they can see out of their small eye, but I don't have an optic nerve, so I'll never have vision on this side. The good thing is that since I was born this way, I don't know what I'm missing. Having vision in only one eye is normal to me. If you'd like to learn more about my condition check out this website it has a lot of information on kids just like me, and some that were born with no eyes at all. www.anophthalmia.org I'm actually very lucky. I am so thankful that I have vision in my right eye. My mommy, daddy and I count our blessings.

No comments: